Wednesday 19 June 2013

Wicked Wickets and Wiley Whispers

Coke vs. Pepsi. Buckhead vs. Little 5. Griffin Door vs. Slytherin. GA vs. GA TECH. These are rivalries. In cricket, there is only one: India vs. Pakistan. The match was on Saturday, and I was told I needed to go to a bar and watch it. Not that you have to convince me to go to a bar. Now deciding on a bar… that’s an issue. We already saw I braved the train, so I did not stay in Bandra. I am currently reading Shantaram, a novel written by an escaped felon about India (thanks A$). Well this novel managed to make one bar famous: Leopold’s. This watering hole is located in Colaba, and the upstairs had A/C! I am in! As an FYI for the readers out there (not really a spoiler), in the novel, the Indian hookers are allowed upstairs and the European ones are made to stay on the ground floor. I saw no such thing, so don’t go thinking I’m in a place I shouldn’t be haha.  300 rupees ($5) for a big beer (basically two beers). Not bad. Here is the tv I watched the match on. Sadly, rained out.




Got one of the guys to take my picture. So pretty.





Just the Tip of the Day: Wicket! It’s a freaking Wicket! Run! What is going on?!?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment