Saturday 8 June 2013

"Pharmacies" in India




So my legs were still a wreck this morning haha. I went and worked out, then headed over the Pali Hill to get some veggies and fruit. Sadly, I think I beat them to the punch, cause no one was out this morning. I remembered that I needed some aspirin, so I stopped by a shop that said Medicinal etc. with a cross above the awning. I picked up the necessities, sunscreen, more soap, etc. I went to the counter and asked what painkillers they had. Now thinking about it, that is probably a weird question. In the US, I’m sure I would have been kicked out as a junkie. Not batting an eyelash, the guy pulled out some tablets (not in a box) and said aspirin. At that moment, another shooting pain went through my leg. I winced and said okay, do you also have anything else? Again, this is the point where the methhead gets kicked out. Without hesitation, the man fumbled through some stuff under the counter and pulled out a that tinfoil package containing six tablets. You know the one… the one that usually comes in a box. He said here, take one a day. I paid and left. I grabbed the meds and started to take one. I decided that was probably the normal instructions on the box (take one for pain, or two), so I took another. Returning to my flat, I decided to do some research. Apparently I was given Cip-zox… which is a Schedule H drug in India. For those not up to snuff on Indian medical catagories, Schedule H is a drug that requires a prescription. Haha, so apparently I was given prescription drugs. On a side note, I feel fine and think they might have the potency of a Tylenol max, nothing too bad like other drugs I have been prescribed in the past (for injuries etc.). At any rate, the legs are kicking, and I can go out now and explore to get you guys more pictures!




Just the Tip of the Day: If you ask the guy in the pharmacy for something stronger, be sure to read the label and google the drug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment