Thursday 6 June 2013

Getting my Hair Did...

This is the third haircut I have received in Asia, and every time… I am impressed. My hair was not always long, such as the other two haircuts, so I was very nervous. A crew cut is different from taming a wild lion’s mane such as the beast known as Irvin, but I am willing to give anyone a shot. I almost went to the salon in Mumbai, but the price would be nearly equal to the United States. I thought that the odds of me being satisfied with the cut at that price in an emerging country were slim, so grab the brass ring with your balls and go for the gold. I found the perfect place. Hopefully you can see the shack in the picture below. The waiting room was a short stool on the street. As I sat down, I anxiously smiled at the old man. He knew one word, “Short?”.  I told him no, and tried to make motions about cutting the sides and back, but leaving the top pretty much the same. Then he started his work. He used a water bottle and a pair of scissors. This took some considerable time due to my length, but he kept going at it like a wild man. He took a little off the top in the beginning, and about midway through went for the top again. I protected my locks and told him the top was good, and the back was where it was at (obviously I also need to write movies and award speeches for AVN awards). He cut my hair, then ruffled through as hard as he could till it all fro’ed out. Then he cut again. He finished up, grabbed the mirror, and should me his mona lisa. That man was a master. He listened, performed, and perfected. Shame he was in a shack on the side of the road. The haircut was supposed to be 30 rupees, but he charged me 50… probably cause I declined a straight edge shave and my hair was so freaking long. He has no number, card, or address, but he is across a bar called Tito’s! Tell him the Bret Michaels sent you (inside joke about my headscarf inserted here).



No comments:

Post a Comment