Monday 3 June 2013

If I could find an honest taxi driver in India… well I wouldn’t kiss him, but I might give him a big ole hug. I swear, I have only been here for two days, and after gaining my bearings, I realized these guys were just driving me in circles! Yelling never helps, so if you find yourself in this situation, just make a motion that they were driving in circles, look mean, and give them what you think is right… then get the hell out of the car. Bandra W. to Worli, according to my coworkers should cost 120 INR (via sea link). Since I know that is the local price, I am willing to give 150 (a difference of 53 cents). But man… I would pay more for the time saving if I could just get a good one. I had a driver in Cambodia named Meth (also had most of his teeth and brilliant skin unlike Meth in the US). That guy was a godsend. $12 a day for a driver, and he was happy to do it! I guess I shouldn’t complain too much, I have had cabbies in Atlanta try to take me around different ways (especially on NYE). Anyways, that is my rant for the day, I will send a happier one later.


Just the tip of the day: No A/C with a temperature in the mid 80’s at night can be miserable. Take a few shots… calm down… and let the whiskey guide you to slumber



No comments:

Post a Comment