Wednesday 12 June 2013

Road Trip planning!!!

Nothing new to report, so I thought I would make you guys jealous with my future plans! My Dad, sister, bromantical bro-in-law, and the little lady are coming to India! After my work ends on August the 15, we are doing the sub-continent the right way! We kicked around a thousand ideas, I nixed Goa as I have already been there and it’s just a beach, but there is a problem… India is freaking huge! I mean massive! Take Texas were everything is big, add some steroids, Super Size Big Mac diet, and that’s how big India is. India is the fat person that you cringe when you see walking towards you and you are on an elevator (or where you have to pack up a flight of stairs cause there ain’t no room). Anyways, we thought of flying everywhere, but that is wasted time in the air (you could be outside smelling the fresh… oh wait). So… Here we go! Road Trip son!!! Ian Breezy would be oh so proud (except that I have a map). Baby steps… baby steps.




Open to any suggestions as well! We haven’t really planned out our time but there are highlights. I am riding a freakin’ camel in the desert (Its on my life to do list, which several of you know about), Udaipur has the James Bond hotel (sister demand), Taj Mahal (Dad and lady demand), and Varanasi (I want to see a cannibal demand). So what are your guys thoughts? Any other place within a stone’s throw we can knock out? I say if we find extra time we just drive north towards the Himalayas (since we will fly out of Varanasi to Mumbai for the flight home). And I demand hippie van!


Just the Tip of the Day: Like America where you don't eat yellow snow, in India... don't drink the water. 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely the Himalayas. Shimla, Manali, Dehra Dun [With Rishikesh and Haridwar - also a very holy city] are great places in the mountains, but rather far away from your planned route - unless you want to fly there. Same applies to any place in Sikkim (though I've never been there personally).

    Nearest places of interest might be Nainital [north from Agra then to Varanasi]
    Or if you can get a Nepali visa, I doubt anything near Varanasi beats Kathmandu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by demanding the James Bond hotel, I simply said it would totally kick ass and we HAVE to go there :-)

    ReplyDelete