Tuesday 2 July 2013

Trader Vic's... India? Oh Hell Yea!

For those of you not in the realm of accessible knowledge, one of my Dad’s favorite restaurants is Trader Vic’s (now aren’t you kicking yourself for not knowing?). Anyways, this is a restaurant in the ATL at the bottom of the Hilton. Nice drinks, Hawaiian atmosphere, Chinese wood fire grills, you get the idea. On a side note I recommend going there during Dragon-Con because you can  sneak through the restaurant to the hotel elevator and get into the lobby bars which are locked off during this time (spoiler!!). I mean, superheroes, anime, costumes, revealing outfits (for better or for worse)… that’s awesome. Okay back to the story. Trader Vic’s is one of my dad’s favorite restaurants. We usually end up there, alfredo’s, or manuels on special occasions in Atlanta. So I was determined to see World War Z. I took the local train since I am an expert now… except it was a busy day. Now I understand what everyone warned me about. Just like zombies on crack (not the old school ones), before the train even stops, people are jumping off, shoving, whatever. I already mentioned that in another post. I fought my way to the Phoenix Mill Mall. Damn… that’s a nice mall. I’m talking about Phipps if Phipps took the class up a notch. I meandered through the rich and famous of Mumbai in my soaked toe shoes, torn shorts… but hey! a buttoned down collar shirt. You are welcome America for staying classy and representing. I bought my ticket ($6.00 3-d, seat assigned), and turned. What do you think I saw?!?! A Trader Vic’s!!! Okay, it was their mai tai lounge concept, but a win is a win! I went into the theater, got my combo meal ($6 chicken hot dog, tub O’ popcorn, Pepsi, and chips) and saw the movie. First, they play the national anthem before a movie. Odd? But I’m in. Intermission during a chase scene with zombies? Screw you man. Afterwards, I had to make a stop. I sat at the bar and in family tradition at this point, ordered the infamous “Suffering Bastard.” That’s thing packs a punch. I chatted with the bartender about Trader Vic’s in Atlanta as they were curious about prices, drink consistency, etc. Fun Times. Here’s to you Trader Vic’s!! Thank you for making me feel at home!





Just the Tip of the Day: If you are unsure... act ignorant and march forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment