Monday 8 July 2013

Looky Looky here comes pukey

I got several things I want to talk about today, but we will see. As the fates foretold of any traveler to a 3rd world country. I am sick. Haha. I will get to that in a bit. First, I want to talk about the concept of the Indian lie. No matter what you are asking, you will get an affirmative answer. Directions, pricing, what can be done, etc. Then the moment you concede, you are ready to rumble, everything changes. Whether the suit was going to be 11,000 INR and then you get to the store and it is over 18,000 INR, whether you are being driven in circles by a cabbie as he stops to ask directions when he told you he knew the way, whether… actually doesn't matter, you will get put over a barrel. For those younger readers that do not know the last phrase, please do not google. Unless you ask your parents first. Then go for it.


Alright back to the main issue. I am on my traditional third world diet. I don’t care where I go, I usually get sick, drop a few lbs., and look amazing. At this point in my life, I typically just laugh at the situation (in between dropping to my knees, grabbing my stomach, and cursing the gods). So I made it to work, albeit a few hours late. I think the sickness has run its course. Not nearly as the dueling puking Ian and I faced in Thailand, and not near as bad as Fred, the assassin that attempted to kill me in Nepal. Also, not as bad as Peru (although that was my fault since I willingly drank the vine of the dead).  When in Rome… might as well climb into the gladiator arena. Anyways, I am sweating at work, with less stomach pain, A/C is on high (not helping). I asked a servant for some cereal… and guess what? They microwave it here. So odd. I couldn't imagine nuking my raisin bran. Sidebar, not that bad. Also, they remodeled the kitchen/cafeteria. The majority of the day is occupied by the workers scurrying about. Now… as an aficionado of dangerous smells, that paint is lethal, and they are in there all day! Lucky bastards. I will put another post up when I feel like moving! Until then, your daily dosage of picture.



Filming for the reality show, Clint is an Idiot.



Just the Tip of the Day: I think the wisest adage I ever gave humanity was *puking sound.*

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, good times. Damn, my hair looks good for not having been washed in two weeks :-)

    ReplyDelete