Monday 22 July 2013

Random thoughts and pictures!

I have been extremely lazy, and I apologize. Life just isn't that interesting when you wake up, gym, work, home, sleep ( I am sure I am missing a few things), rinse, repeat. The only time I really get out and about is on the weekends, and I mean do you guys really want to see NSFW pictures? Haha... just kidding, I am all for full frontal Irvin nudity. Anyways, India has a very conservative lifestyle even at the "crazy bars." I have yet dived into the seedy underbelly, but like kitties, they want their underbelly scratched, and I am not willing to pay that price of admission. So I thought I would entertain you guys with some pictures of around the town.

This is the view from outside my front door (on the 5th floor). Not knowing it, you probably wouldn't guess I live in the really ritzy district. Okay, so I live with a family, a toddler that follows me around, a roomate, and all I really have in a room... but its in the hollywood of Bollywood! SO LEAVE ME ALONE. You would be surprised, even in Million Dollar areas, slums are 30 seconds away, because you know, your servants have to live somewhere. Not like you would let them sleep on  your floor... they just cleaned it!

This was taken at the beginning of Ramadan. Soooo I kind of live close to a Mosque. I know you are thinking "RUN" but they actually have good food in the area, where very clean white clothes, have beautiful buildings, and nifty hats. I will go in one soon, just not today. Especially on a big start of a holiday. Also, they fast during this time. Offered a tailor some mint, and he said no. Damn good mint too. His loss. 


This was just a random alley in Colaba off the causeway. Some sort of veggie market. Super beautiful food with all sorts of color. I'm just too lazy to take close pictures. Plus someone has my camera back in the US!!! Gimme! 

Just the Tip of the Day: If you love something, set it free, so I can go hunt it down and eat dinner... 

No comments:

Post a Comment